About Jaime Galati
Jaime Galati is a skilled litigator with considerable experience in all aspects of litigation but also with an eye towards resolving disputes before a lawsuit is filed, and if one has already been filed, then without the necessity of a trial. Prior to founding Galati Law, Ms. Galati was an attorney for many years with two well known, well respected firms: Cooley LLP – an AmLaw 100 firm – and Luce Forward Hamilton & Scripps LLP (now McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP). As a litigator with these firms, Ms. Galati obtained the training and experience of a “big” firm, primarily in the areas of trust litigation, real estate litigation, and business disputes. Prior to working as a litigator, Ms. Galati served as a research attorney and judicial clerk for the Honorable James F. Stiven (Retired) in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
Ms. Galati is admitted to practice before all California state courts as well as the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
- Successful defense of trustee (mother) in lawsuits filed by her daughters who sought over $200 million in surcharge, damage, and prejudgment interest based on alleged breaches of duty in the 25+ year administration of two testamentary trusts.
- Successful defense of trustee in suit filed by her sibling beneficiaries who sought over $65 million in surcharge, damage, and prejudgment interest regarding their sister’s administration of an intentionally defective grantor trust.
- Successful defense of general partners in dispute brought by limited partners regarding their partnership agreement in which the arbitrator found in favor of the general partners and awarded them $1 million in attorney fees and costs recovery.
- Successful defense of co-trustees (mother and daughter) in a breach of trust lawsuit filed by their family beneficiaries who sought over $10 million in surcharge, damage, and prejudgment interest regarding the 20+ years of administration of a testamentary trust.
- Successful defense of corporate condominium converter in $50 million construction defect case pertaining to a high-rise luxury condominium building in which a beneficial settlement within insurance policy limits was obtained.
- J.D., University of San Diego 2003
- B.A., English, University of Oregon 1998 magna cum laude
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Probate Attorneys of San Diego
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section, North County Bar Association
- Board Member, University of Oregon Alumni San Diego Chapter
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Volunteer, Legal Aid Society of San Diego
- Winner, Wiley M. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services by the Board of Governors of the State Bar of California 2009
- Barrister Member, Wallace American Inn of Court (2009-2011)
- Associate Member, Welsh American Inn of Court (2005-2006)
Ms. Galati grew up outside of Portland, Oregon in a town called Boring (yes that really is its name). She met her husband in high school. After attending and graduating from University of Oregon in 1998, she and her husband moved to sunny San Diego later that year. They are avid Oregon Ducks fans and enjoy spending time at dog beach with their rescue dog Joey.
View my Linked In Profile
View my Avvo Rating
No matter how busy her schedule may be, she does a wonderful job of giving us her time and focus when we need it. She also has a deep appreciation for how emotional things can become and does a fantastic job of helping all parties remain focused on the goal and avoiding the damage that can occur when emotions cloud otherwise better judgment. – Elle, trust client